Saturday 24 November 2012

Style Icon of the Year: Solange Knowles






  Images taken from www.mydamnblog.com

If there is anyone that knows how to rock a photo shoot, it is Solange Knowles. As I scrolled through her blog, stylistically named, ‘My Damn blog’, I came across these amazing images. Yes, they were taken months ago for French Glamour, and yes I am late, but I am not ashamed to post them up now, because these images are timeless. There’s no telling if they were taken in the 90’s or 2012. Whatever era, it works. To rock an afro is one thing, but a metallic green biker jacket, pink skater skirt and a retro stereo as a handbag, just puts her in a whole different league.

She has a renowned style that no one else has yet captured. It’s the clashing prints, the tribal flair and the bright colours that keep us buzzing. We’re left with questions like, can I pull off an afro? Can I do leopard print and stripes? Should I shave my head? – That bold move of hers is maybe slightly too bold for some of us, though anyone that makes us question our style, is a stylist in their own right. Solange Knowles, we salute you.    


No comments:

Post a Comment